A lot of small businesses discount Television Commercials as they often think it is a form of advertising that is simply out of their advertising budget reach. This couldn’t be a bigger mistruth. Many small businesses can cost effectively use targeted TV Commercials, either from a national, regional or local focus. The average U.S. Household watches an average of 8 hours TV per day, with the average viewer watching 4 hours per day. You are simply missing a huge opportunity if you aren’t using TV Commercials in your advertising and marketing campaigns.
Tips for Producing and Placing Television Commercials
- Take advantage of fringe time. Consider using an experienced media buying service to really save on your ad costs. They often buy unsold TV time for pennies on the dollar.
- Hire an inbound telemarketing call center to take the inbound calls from your ads, no matter the hour of the day. If you use a different phone number from channel to channel or ad to ad, you can easily track them.
- Direct Response TV can offer your prospects the entire sales process. This is a powerful system! Some Direct Response advertising can be bought on a per inquiry or sales basis, taking a lot of risk out of your capital outlay.
- TV is a great set up for your Sales Page on your Website. Have an easy to remember web address for TV viewers to quickly connect with your sales message online. Tie your online marketing strategy with your TV media campaign.
- Concentrate on 30 second spots. Direct Response sales ads should be about 2 minutes and keep the phone number visible during the entire ad.
- Show your product or service in Action. This is the real advantage of TV ads.
- Don’t make the Ad more interesting than your product.
- Remember a TV’s volume may be muted so tell your story visually!
How to Minimize TV Commercial Costs
- A low cost television commercial production company can provide all the Commercial Production and Placement services, saving you thousands. TV Spot Commercial Production can cost as low as $500. TV Ad Spots can be as low as $3 for a 30 second local insertion and $20 nationally.
- Use a Storyboard to help you visualize the Ad.
- Save money by having a pre-production meeting to ensure things run quickly and smoothly on production day. The less editing, the more economical your ads will be, so plan ahead!
- Use a good television marketing consultant to write a winning script. The script is everything in a successful TV Commercial!
- You normally can create three good ads in one production day. Good planning can help you achieve this great use of time and money, which will significantly reduce your production cost per ad.
- Shoot in digital so you can replay it immediately and quickly make any fixes.